New York News
Livery driver beaten with brick in the Bronx
BRONX (WABC) -- A $5,000 reward is being offered for information about the assault of a livery cab driver in the Bronx.
Police have released pictures of the two men they say beat Luis Molina with a brick in Mott Haven on January 22.
Molina says he was attacked as was he took a suitcase out of the trunk. The suspects did not get away with any money.
The New York Federation of Taxi Drivers says another driver was recently attacked by passengers using a suitcase to lure him outside the cab.
"He used a suitcase to sort of lure the driver into believing they're going to an airport, and in reality, they're not," federation spokesman Fernando Mateo said. "When this guy got out of the car to give the person his luggage, they took a brick and basically knocked the guy out."
Police say the two acts were not committed by the same men.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, bronx news, mott haven, livery cab, assault, new york news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 48 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion 44 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 19 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
48 min ago