New York News
Victims identified in deadly crash on LIE in Queens
QUEENS (WABC) -- Authorities say the vehicle was traveling at speeds of more than 90 miles per hour when the 19-year-old driver lost control and crashed on the Long Island Expressway, killing himself and a 16-year-old passenger.
Police say the driver was heading west in an Audi sedan when he lost control and hit a tree, killing himself and his passenger.
They were pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities say Jiahao Liang, 19, of Middletown, New York was the driver. Jennifer Gao of Queens was also killed. The 16-year-old girl went to Benjamin N. Cardozo High School in Bayside.
Investigators say Liang was traveling approximately 93 miles per hours at the time of the crash.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, queens news, accident, long island expressway, new york news
- School bus overturns in Brooklyn 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman 45 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 42 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 46 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident 40 min ago