New York News
Victims identified in deadly crash on LIE in Queens
QUEENS (WABC) -- Authorities say the vehicle was traveling at speeds of more than 90 miles per hour when the 19-year-old driver lost control and crashed on the Long Island Expressway, killing himself and a 16-year-old passenger.
Police say the driver was heading west in an Audi sedan when he lost control and hit a tree, killing himself and his passenger.
They were pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities say Jiahao Liang, 19, of Middletown, New York was the driver. Jennifer Gao of Queens was also killed. The 16-year-old girl went to Benjamin N. Cardozo High School in Bayside.
Investigators say Liang was traveling approximately 93 miles per hours at the time of the crash.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, queens news, accident, long island expressway, new york news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 57 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines