New York News
Victims identified in deadly crash on LIE in Queens
QUEENS (WABC) -- Authorities say the vehicle was traveling at speeds of more than 90 miles per hour when the 19-year-old driver lost control and crashed on the Long Island Expressway, killing himself and a 16-year-old passenger.
Police say the driver was heading west in an Audi sedan when he lost control and hit a tree, killing himself and his passenger.
They were pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities say Jiahao Liang, 19, of Middletown, New York was the driver. Jennifer Gao of Queens was also killed. The 16-year-old girl went to Benjamin N. Cardozo High School in Bayside.
Investigators say Liang was traveling approximately 93 miles per hours at the time of the crash.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, queens news, accident, long island expressway, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos