New York News
Jamaica crash involving 2 MTA buses leaves 16 hurt
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An MTA bus rear ended another on an icy road in Queens Tuesday morning, injuring more than a dozen passengers.
The buses collided along Guy R. Brewer Boulevard and Mathias Avenue in Jamaica just after 8:45 a.m.
The MTA said a Q112 with no passengers on board struck a Q111 with more than a dozen passengers on board.
As many as 16 people, mostly passengers on the bus that was struck, were taken to Jamaica Medical Center.
None of the injuries were considered life threatening.
It is believed icy conditions contributed to the crash, which is under investigation.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, jamaica, queens news, accident, bus accident, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ