New York News
Jamaica crash involving 2 MTA buses leaves 16 hurt
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An MTA bus rear ended another on an icy road in Queens Tuesday morning, injuring more than a dozen passengers.
The buses collided along Guy R. Brewer Boulevard and Mathias Avenue in Jamaica just after 8:45 a.m.
The MTA said a Q112 with no passengers on board struck a Q111 with more than a dozen passengers on board.
As many as 16 people, mostly passengers on the bus that was struck, were taken to Jamaica Medical Center.
None of the injuries were considered life threatening.
It is believed icy conditions contributed to the crash, which is under investigation.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, jamaica, queens news, accident, bus accident, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife 7 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 51 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos