New York News
Weekend pothole repair work underway in NYC
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City is stepping up its war on potholes this weekend, dispatching 100 crews to tackle the problem in all five boroughs.
Department of Transportation workers resurfaced parts of the Cross Bronx Expressway and Belt Parkway overnight, two roadways hard-hit by potholes.
Two of three lanes on the westbound Belt between Flatbush Avenue and Knapp Street were closed Friday night for the repair work, which included milling and paving.
DOT crews also resurfaced portions of the eastbound Staten Island Expressway between Bradley Avenue and Manor Road.
Throughout the weekend, motorists should expect occasional delays and DOT requests they drive cautiously, especially near the agency's roadway crews.
Already this year, DOT has addressed more than 117,648 potholes citywide and these weekend blitzes are just one part of the comprehensive roadway repair plan announced by Mayor Bill de Blasio this week in response to this season's heavy snow.
For more information about the city's efforts to address potholes and maintain more than 6,000 miles of roadway, visit http://www.nyc.gov/dot. Members of the public may report a pothole condition to The Daily Pothole or to 311.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, pothole, new york city, brooklyn news, bronx news, new york news, marcus solis
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 8 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
55 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
18 min ago