New York News
Teen arrested in Bronx shooting that wounded elderly woman
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A teenager is charged with attempted murder after a shooting in the Bronx this week that left three people wounded.
Police say 18-year old Christopher Lopez opened fire during a fight outside a store on Morris Park Avenue Wednesday afternoon.
Two teenagers were shot, one in the arm and one in the leg, and a 79-year old woman was hit in the hand by a stray bullet.
The running gun battle sent shopkeepers and pedestrians diving for cover.
Cops say a group of teens had been fighting near the corner of White Plains Road and one brought a bat.
But another brought a gun and used it, shooting two teens. But it didn't stop there.
"When I came outside I saw an older lady in her 70's, she was already sitting down with her hand bleeding," an eyewitness said.
It was Sally Adams and police say she took a stray bullet.
Brenda Lewis told Eyewitness News her mother was shot in the hand while walking to pay her bills.
"The bullet just grazed her so, she's got a hole in her hand so they stitched it and fixed her up and all. So, she's relaxing and taking medication because she's still in pain," Lewis said.
Lopez is charged with attempted murder, felony assault, criminal possession of a weapon, and reckless endangerment.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, bronx news, new york city, shooting, new york news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act