New York News
Police open fire on woman in Crown Heights, Brooklyn apartment
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Police opened fire on a woman in Brooklyn after she lunged at an officer with a 15-inch knife.
The incident happened on 107 Brooklyn Avenue in Crown Heights just before 3 on Saturday afternoon. Police received a call for help, and when the officer arrived, the 35-year-old woman had locked herself in a bedroom and was threatening suicide.
Police say when they were let inside the home, the woman emerged and charged at them with a knife. That is when officers opened fire, hitting her in the torso.
The woman was taken out of the apartment on a stretcher, and was sent to Kings County Hospital in critical condition. Two officers are also being checked out.
Police say they recovered three knives at the scene.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate 51 min ago
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams