New York News
Police open fire on woman in Crown Heights, Brooklyn apartment
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Police opened fire on a woman in Brooklyn after she lunged at an officer with a 15-inch knife.
The incident happened on 107 Brooklyn Avenue in Crown Heights just before 3 on Saturday afternoon. Police received a call for help, and when the officer arrived, the 35-year-old woman had locked herself in a bedroom and was threatening suicide.
Police say when they were let inside the home, the woman emerged and charged at them with a knife. That is when officers opened fire, hitting her in the torso.
The woman was taken out of the apartment on a stretcher, and was sent to Kings County Hospital in critical condition. Two officers are also being checked out.
Police say they recovered three knives at the scene.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera