New York News
Police open fire on woman in Crown Heights, Brooklyn apartment
CROWN HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Police opened fire on a woman in Brooklyn after she lunged at an officer with a 15-inch knife.
The incident happened on 107 Brooklyn Avenue in Crown Heights just before 3 on Saturday afternoon. Police received a call for help, and when the officer arrived, the 35-year-old woman had locked herself in a bedroom and was threatening suicide.
Police say when they were let inside the home, the woman emerged and charged at them with a knife. That is when officers opened fire, hitting her in the torso.
The woman was taken out of the apartment on a stretcher, and was sent to Kings County Hospital in critical condition. Two officers are also being checked out.
Police say they recovered three knives at the scene.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations 11 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament 41 min ago
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago 2 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos