New York News
Actor Sam Worthington facing charges after paparazzi scuffle
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Actor Sam Worthington is facing assault charges after a scuffle with the paparazzi in Greenwich Village.
Police say the altercation occurred when the photographer was blocking the sidewalk after Worthington and his girlfriend left a bar at about 5:30 p.m. Sunday. Police say the photographer kicked the woman as the couple tried to pass. That is when Worthington allegedly punched him in the face.
The 37-year-old actor, best known for his role in the movie "Avatar," was released on a desk appearance ticket and is due back in court on February 26. Police did not say what caused the scuffle.
The photographer, 37-year-old Sheng Li, was arrested on charges of reckless endangerment, assault and harassment. He's being held pending arraignment.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 12 min ago
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 53 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 52 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up 11 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
12 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast...
11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
8 min ago