New York News
Mom gives birth on Upper East Side sidewalk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A healthy baby girl was born on Manhattan's Upper East Side, but this girl was delivered on the sidewalk.
The parents are still looking for the Good Samaritan who helped out.
"Doing great, thanks," said Cian McCourt, new dad again.
They are doing great and coming home, exactly where the McCourt's wants to be with their new baby Ila.
Polly McCourt delivered this baby girl on Monday afternoon, just steps from her Upper East Side apartment, right on the corner of 68th and 3rd.
"I didn't notice that there was anybody around, I just knew that Ila needed to go on my chest and stay near me," said Polly McCourt, new mom again.
One of the folks who helped was her doorman, Anton Rudovic.
"He held me up, he was amazing," Polly McCourt said.
"It was quick, fast, and beautiful," Rudovic said.
But it wasn't just the doorman who helped, lots of New Yorkers raced to her side. The McCourt's are thankful for all of that assistance, but they want to thank one New Yorker in particular.
A woman named Isabelle gave up her coat to help Polly cover up.
"We look forward to meeting her," Cian McCourt said.
"Yes, we will be meeting her; we just haven't had the chance yet. She was freezing. It was like this weather and she had a short sleeve white t-shirt on and that was the one thing I can remember," Polly McCourt said.
And she'll always remember Isabelle, because it's now Ila's middle name, a tribute to the Good Samaritan.
And little Ila Isabelle McCourt will have one amazing story to tell about where she was born and how her mom kept her cool.
"She was the calmest person there," Cian McCourt said.
"He said, 'Never, ever do that to me again,'" Polly McCourt said.
"Three kids is enough," Cian McCourt said.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 44 min ago
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD 36 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos