New York News
Avonte Oquendo cause of death undetermined
NEW YORK -- The New York City medical examiner's office says the cause and manner of death for a 14-year-old autistic boy who was missing for months cannot be determined.
Avonte Oquendo disappeared from his Queens school on Oct. 4, setting off a massive search that included extensive searches of subway tunnels and regular announcements over the public-address system at subway stations.
His remains were found in the East River in January, several miles from where he vanished.
Oquendo had a form of autism that made him nonverbal.
The family's lawyer has filed a notice of claim, the first step in suing the city.
nyc news, new york city news, new york news, new york city, avonte oquendo, new york news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus 48 min ago
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl 56 min ago
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn 49 min ago
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia 14 min ago
- Community rallies around 13-year-old victim...
50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
38 min ago
- Party bus goes very awry on Long Island
49 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos