Northern Suburbs News
Central NY soldier killed in Afghanistan
CHITTENANGO, N.Y. (WABC) -- Relatives of an Army sergeant from central New York say the soldier has been killed in Afghanistan.
Sgt. Edward Bolen of Chittenango was married about a month before his recent deployment overseas. His family was notified of his death on Thursday.
Details of Bolen's death haven't been released by the Department of Defense, but family members said he was killed by a roadside bomb in Afghanistan.
Bolen's body arrived at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware early Friday morning.
Bolen was a 2003 graduate of Chittenango High School in Madison County 15 miles east of Syracuse.
afghanistan, northern suburbs news
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken 26 min ago
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response 23 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos