Northern Suburbs News
Central NY soldier killed in Afghanistan
CHITTENANGO, N.Y. (WABC) -- Relatives of an Army sergeant from central New York say the soldier has been killed in Afghanistan.
Sgt. Edward Bolen of Chittenango was married about a month before his recent deployment overseas. His family was notified of his death on Thursday.
Details of Bolen's death haven't been released by the Department of Defense, but family members said he was killed by a roadside bomb in Afghanistan.
Bolen's body arrived at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware early Friday morning.
Bolen was a 2003 graduate of Chittenango High School in Madison County 15 miles east of Syracuse.
afghanistan, northern suburbs news
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- NJ Transit buses delayed 30 minutes
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Tree trouble in Dumont
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos