Northern Suburbs News
CT AG: 'Kardashian Kard' fees "outrageous"
WEST HARTFORD, CT (WABC) -- Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal is warning consumers about a new pre-paid credit card recently unveiled by the Kardashian sisters; Kim, Kourtney and Khloe.
Blumenthal says the card charges outrageous fees.
Among them; ATM fees, monthly fees, call-center fees and cancellation fees.
Blumenthal says keeping up with the Kardashians is virtually impossible using this card when even activation fees are as high as $100.
"The value of the card is swallowed, by the fees and charges imposed on young people who use it. And it is marketed as a money-management teaching tool," Blumenthal said.
Blumenthal also criticized the card's attempt to attract financially unsophisticated young adults and questioned whether it violated Connecticut consumer laws.
credit card, richard blumenthal, northern suburbs news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash