Northern Suburbs News
CT AG: 'Kardashian Kard' fees "outrageous"
WEST HARTFORD, CT (WABC) -- Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal is warning consumers about a new pre-paid credit card recently unveiled by the Kardashian sisters; Kim, Kourtney and Khloe.
Blumenthal says the card charges outrageous fees.
Among them; ATM fees, monthly fees, call-center fees and cancellation fees.
Blumenthal says keeping up with the Kardashians is virtually impossible using this card when even activation fees are as high as $100.
"The value of the card is swallowed, by the fees and charges imposed on young people who use it. And it is marketed as a money-management teaching tool," Blumenthal said.
Blumenthal also criticized the card's attempt to attract financially unsophisticated young adults and questioned whether it violated Connecticut consumer laws.
credit card, richard blumenthal, northern suburbs news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance 3 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen