Northern Suburbs News
Child dies of flu-related causes
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Westchester County Health Department says it has recorded its first pediatric flu-related death of the year.
The 4-year-old New Rochelle boy died late last week of bacterial pneumonia, which can be a complication of flu. Health officials say he was previously healthy, but had not received a flu shot.
The little boy had been hospitalized since he became ill in November.
The acting health commissioner, Dr. Cheryl Archbald, said Tuesday the flu shot is recommended for children six months and older.
westchester county, new rochelle, child death, flu, northern suburbs news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 8 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto 5 min ago
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness' 32 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 45 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
8 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos