Northern Suburbs News
Child dies of flu-related causes
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Westchester County Health Department says it has recorded its first pediatric flu-related death of the year.
The 4-year-old New Rochelle boy died late last week of bacterial pneumonia, which can be a complication of flu. Health officials say he was previously healthy, but had not received a flu shot.
The little boy had been hospitalized since he became ill in November.
The acting health commissioner, Dr. Cheryl Archbald, said Tuesday the flu shot is recommended for children six months and older.
westchester county, new rochelle, child death, flu, northern suburbs news
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 21 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 20 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
19 min ago