Northern Suburbs News
Safe stolen from Fairfield restaurant
FAIRPORT, Conn. (WABC) -- At the Gray Goose in Fairfield the doors still need to be fixed, and the safe has been replaced in the aftermath of a brazen burglary.
It was a break-in that the restaurant's owners had feared.
It happened just before 3 a.m. Monday.
A car pulled up alongside of the restaurant.
Within seconds, one suspect tried to pull open the locked door.
When he couldn't, he ran and got a crowbar and forced it open.
For the next few minutes three men ran through the establishment.
One prowled through the kitchen with a crowbar, at one point checking the contents of a freezer, and then on his way out he hit the surveillance camera.
But, another device captured the big score: When another suspect found the office and stole the safe, and ran out with it cradled in his arms.
The suspects then drove off.
The whole thing lasted about three minutes.
It's believed the men have hit a number of restaurants in the area.
In September, Viva Zapata in Westport was also robbed of its safe and a 250 pound ATM was taken.
Back in Fairfield, the staff at Gray Goose has already made a number of security adjustments and is working with police and other restaurant owners.
robbery, connecticut, fairfield, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 5 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 18 min ago
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 31 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
5 min ago