Northern Suburbs News
Four arrested in White Plains Wal-Mart heist
WHITE PLAINS (WABC) -- Police arrested four people in connection with the robbery of a Wal-Mart in White Plains in which thieves dressed as painters made off with $230,000.
Public Safety Commissioner David Chong said the suspects are also believed to be responsible for other thefts at an Old Navy in the Galleria Mall and a Victoria's Secret in the Palisades Center Mall.
Authorities say the arrests were made Wednesday and Thursday.
The suspects are identified as:
On November 29, just before 3 a.m., police say two armed suspects entered the Wal-mart during an employee break dressed head to toe in tyvex suits, with gloves and masks. They proceeded with a manager to a back room, where they allegedly tied the manager up with plastic zip ties and emptied a safe containing approximately $230,000 in cash.
The subjects then fled in a waiting SUV. No injuries occurred during the robbery.
Each of the suspects is charged with robbery and criminal possession of a weapon.
Additionally, Christopher Fountain and Autumn Jorden are charged with robbery in Old Navy incident.
wal-mart, white plains, robbery, northern suburbs news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy 33 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 46 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 43 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo 21 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos