Northern Suburbs News
Curve, black ice blamed in fatal Greenwood Lake crash
GREENWOOD LAKE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A hairpin curve and a patch of black ice are being blamed for a tragic car crash that killed one teen and left three others injured.
The accident happened in Orange County on Route 17A in Greenwood Lake.
An SUV with four teens inside veered off the road and careened down an embankment Wednesday.
Police say the victim a 17-year-old female high school senior who was riding in the back wasn't wearing her seat belt.
She was ejected from the car.
Three other occupants suffered minor injuries.
The crash is under investigation.
orange county, accident, accidental death, northern suburbs news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos