Northern Suburbs News
Curve, black ice blamed in fatal Greenwood Lake crash
GREENWOOD LAKE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A hairpin curve and a patch of black ice are being blamed for a tragic car crash that killed one teen and left three others injured.
The accident happened in Orange County on Route 17A in Greenwood Lake.
An SUV with four teens inside veered off the road and careened down an embankment Wednesday.
Police say the victim a 17-year-old female high school senior who was riding in the back wasn't wearing her seat belt.
She was ejected from the car.
Three other occupants suffered minor injuries.
The crash is under investigation.
orange county, accident, accidental death, northern suburbs news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall