Northern Suburbs News
4 of 7 missing Mount Vernon dogs found
MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- There are new developments in a dog-napping caper in Westchester County.
Yonkers police said Wednesday that they arrested two 18-year-olds from Yonkers, a man and a woman, who were walking the beagle and two pit bulls on Tuesday. Detective Sgt. Patrick McCormick said a third pit bull was found elsewhere.
The suspects' names were not made public. They were charged with possessing stolen property.
McCormick said police have leads on the whereabouts of the three pit bulls still missing after last month's theft from the Mount Vernon Animal Shelter. He said the four dogs found Tuesday were in good shape.
He said it had not been determined if the dogs were taken for dogfighting purposes.
A volunteer organization, "Friends of the Mount Vernon Animal Shelter" have increased their reward for the three missing dogs to $2,000.
Anyone with information is asked to call 914-841-1001 or email FriendsofMVshelter@gmail.com.
animals, animal shelter, dog, dogs, mount vernon, westchester county, yonkers, arrest, northern suburbs news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman 47 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
27 min ago