Northern Suburbs News
Mount Vernon mom dies; son accused of beating her
MOUNT VERNON -- The district attorney's office says a man accused of beating his 87-year-old mother could face more serious charges because she died after his arrest.
Lucian Chalfen, spokesman for the Westchester County district attorney, said Wednesday that 55-year-old Peter Lawrence Herman had been charged with assault.
Chalfen said Lawrence was arrested Monday after his mother was beaten at their Mount Vernon home. The mother, Claire Herman, was taken to a hospital, where she died Monday night.
Chalfen said autopsy findings will determine whether the charges against Peter Herman are upgraded. That could happen Friday, when he is due in city court.
mount vernon, westchester county, northern suburbs news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest 20 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 27 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid...
20 min ago
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos