Northern Suburbs News
Shelter looking for fourth stolen dog
MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- A fourth dog is now being sought in a dog-napping caper in Westchester County.
Friends of the Mount Vernon Animal Shelter have upped the reward to $3,000 and added a fourth dog. The dog was stolen several weeks ago. Officials have suspicions that the theft could be related to the group of seven taken last month. Four of those dogs were recovered on Tuesday.
Yonkers police arrested two 18-year-olds from Yonkers, a man and a woman, who were walking a beagle and two pit bulls. Detective Sgt. Patrick McCormick said a third pit bull was found elsewhere.
The suspects' names were not made public. They were charged with possessing stolen property.
McCormick said police have leads on the whereabouts of the three pit bulls still missing after last month's theft from the Mount Vernon Animal Shelter. He said the four dogs found Tuesday were in good shape.
He said it had not been determined if the dogs were taken for dogfighting purposes.
Anyone with information is asked to call 914-841-1001 or email FriendsofMVshelter@gmail.com.
animals, animal shelter, dog, dogs, mount vernon, westchester county, yonkers, arrest, northern suburbs news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma