Northern Suburbs News
Shelter looking for fourth stolen dog
MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- A fourth dog is now being sought in a dog-napping caper in Westchester County.
Friends of the Mount Vernon Animal Shelter have upped the reward to $3,000 and added a fourth dog. The dog was stolen several weeks ago. Officials have suspicions that the theft could be related to the group of seven taken last month. Four of those dogs were recovered on Tuesday.
Yonkers police arrested two 18-year-olds from Yonkers, a man and a woman, who were walking a beagle and two pit bulls. Detective Sgt. Patrick McCormick said a third pit bull was found elsewhere.
The suspects' names were not made public. They were charged with possessing stolen property.
McCormick said police have leads on the whereabouts of the three pit bulls still missing after last month's theft from the Mount Vernon Animal Shelter. He said the four dogs found Tuesday were in good shape.
He said it had not been determined if the dogs were taken for dogfighting purposes.
Anyone with information is asked to call 914-841-1001 or email FriendsofMVshelter@gmail.com.
animals, animal shelter, dog, dogs, mount vernon, westchester county, yonkers, arrest, northern suburbs news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card 47 min ago
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 25 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- 3-year-old boy gets stuck in Nebraska claw machine 20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos