Northern Suburbs News
Mass. family of slain NY student plans $120M suit
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Massachusetts family of a college football player shot dead in his car by police has begun the process of suing the New York suburbs whose officers were involved.
Family lawyer Michael Sussman said Tuesday he has filed notice of a $120 million claim against the town of Mount Pleasant and the village of Pleasantville, just north of New York City.
Municipal officials haven't returned phone calls seeking comment.
Pace University student Danroy Henry was killed Oct. 17 after police were called to a disturbance that spilled out of a bar in Thornwood, N.Y. The 20-year-old from Easton, Mass., was shot through his car's windshield.
Witness accounts of the shooting have differed sharply. A grand jury is investigating.
lawsuit, danroy henry jr., northern suburbs news
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 50 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash 1 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt 37 min ago
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 47 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera 20 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn;...
37 min ago