Northern Suburbs News
Metro-North's New Have Line schedule changes
NEW YORK (WABC) -- After massive delays and equipment shortages Metro-North is changing the New Haven Line's schedule.
Given the continuing equipment shortages on the New Haven Line and the need to improve reliability of train service, Metro-North has issued a New Haven Line Reduced Winter Schedule, effective February 7 through March 4.
This schedule reduces weekday AM and PM peak service by approximately 10%.
Also, a Sunday Schedule will be in effect both Saturdays and Sundays beginning February 5.
In developing this reduced schedule, Metro-North has taken a number of factors into account, including the number of cars available for service, ridership patterns and our ability to operate the new schedule reliably. (See a message from Metro-North President Howard Permut on this winter's impact on our New Haven Line fleet.)
More Information: http://www.mta.info
metro north, northern suburbs news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 32 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
32 min ago