Northern Suburbs News
Metro-North's New Have Line schedule changes
NEW YORK (WABC) -- After massive delays and equipment shortages Metro-North is changing the New Haven Line's schedule.
Given the continuing equipment shortages on the New Haven Line and the need to improve reliability of train service, Metro-North has issued a New Haven Line Reduced Winter Schedule, effective February 7 through March 4.
This schedule reduces weekday AM and PM peak service by approximately 10%.
Also, a Sunday Schedule will be in effect both Saturdays and Sundays beginning February 5.
In developing this reduced schedule, Metro-North has taken a number of factors into account, including the number of cars available for service, ridership patterns and our ability to operate the new schedule reliably. (See a message from Metro-North President Howard Permut on this winter's impact on our New Haven Line fleet.)
More Information: http://www.mta.info
metro north, northern suburbs news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Lee Goldberg explains Oklahoma's tornado...
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers