Northern Suburbs News
Metro-North's New Have Line schedule changes
NEW YORK (WABC) -- After massive delays and equipment shortages Metro-North is changing the New Haven Line's schedule.
Given the continuing equipment shortages on the New Haven Line and the need to improve reliability of train service, Metro-North has issued a New Haven Line Reduced Winter Schedule, effective February 7 through March 4.
This schedule reduces weekday AM and PM peak service by approximately 10%.
Also, a Sunday Schedule will be in effect both Saturdays and Sundays beginning February 5.
In developing this reduced schedule, Metro-North has taken a number of factors into account, including the number of cars available for service, ridership patterns and our ability to operate the new schedule reliably. (See a message from Metro-North President Howard Permut on this winter's impact on our New Haven Line fleet.)
More Information: http://www.mta.info
metro north, northern suburbs news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
25 min ago