Northern Suburbs News
Metro-North's New Have Line schedule changes
NEW YORK (WABC) -- After massive delays and equipment shortages Metro-North is changing the New Haven Line's schedule.
Given the continuing equipment shortages on the New Haven Line and the need to improve reliability of train service, Metro-North has issued a New Haven Line Reduced Winter Schedule, effective February 7 through March 4.
This schedule reduces weekday AM and PM peak service by approximately 10%.
Also, a Sunday Schedule will be in effect both Saturdays and Sundays beginning February 5.
In developing this reduced schedule, Metro-North has taken a number of factors into account, including the number of cars available for service, ridership patterns and our ability to operate the new schedule reliably. (See a message from Metro-North President Howard Permut on this winter's impact on our New Haven Line fleet.)
More Information: http://www.mta.info
metro north, northern suburbs news
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon? 54 min ago
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response 51 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Teen shot by police in Brownsville
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- New report: Disturbing news about raw chicken
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos