Northern Suburbs News
Pleasantville Police chief in student shooting retiring
PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- The chief of one of the New York police departments involved in the fatal shooting of a college football player is retiring.
Pleasantville police Chief Anthony Chiarlitti said Wednesday that the Danroy Henry case had nothing to do with his departure.
A Westchester County grand jury determined last week that a Pleasantville officer did not commit a crime when he shot and killed the 20-year-old Henry, a Pace University student, in October.
Chiarlitti, who has been chief for 19 years and teaches college classes, said some opportunities had arisen that made this a good time to retire.
The 55-year-old chief said he expects to leave his post around the end of May.
danroy henry jr., westchester county, plesantville, northern suburbs news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 8 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case 12 min ago
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos