Northern Suburbs News
Pleasantville Police chief in student shooting retiring
PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- The chief of one of the New York police departments involved in the fatal shooting of a college football player is retiring.
Pleasantville police Chief Anthony Chiarlitti said Wednesday that the Danroy Henry case had nothing to do with his departure.
A Westchester County grand jury determined last week that a Pleasantville officer did not commit a crime when he shot and killed the 20-year-old Henry, a Pace University student, in October.
Chiarlitti, who has been chief for 19 years and teaches college classes, said some opportunities had arisen that made this a good time to retire.
The 55-year-old chief said he expects to leave his post around the end of May.
danroy henry jr., westchester county, plesantville, northern suburbs news
- Jersey City water main break repaired 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 19 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 24 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 19 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos