Northern Suburbs News
1 child dead, 2 hurt in upstate NY fire
NEWBURGH, N.Y. (WABC) -- Authorities say one child has died and two others have been taken to a hospital after a house fire in New York's mid-Hudson Valley.
City of Newburgh police say emergency crews found heavy black smoke pouring from the two-story home when they arrived just after 2 p.m. Friday.
They say several residents, including at least two children, had managed to escape, but a 1-year-old girl died inside the house.
The three-alarm blaze drew firefighters from volunteer companies in surrounding towns to help.
Police have joined firefighters investigating the cause of the fire.
Newburgh is about 80 miles south of Albany.
newburgh, fire, northern suburbs news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court 3 min ago
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92 52 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 39 min ago