Northern Suburbs News
1 killed, 2 hurt in single-car accident in Ramapo
RAMAPO (WABC) -- Speed and not the weather may be to blame for a deadly car accident involving three young men in Rockland County.
The driver, 20-year-old Andrew Statham, was killed, while the two passengers, 20-year-old Javier Human and 20-year-old Troy Saucier, were hurt when their car slammed into some utility poles overnight Wednesday. All three victims are from Suffern.
The single-vehicle accident happened just before 2 a.m. when the driver of the Mustang lost control on Viola Road. The car flipped over and hit two poles.
Statham was rushed to Good Samaritan Hospital, where he died a short time later. Human and Saucier were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
The car was mangled beyond recognition.
According to Ramapo police, speed was definitely a factor.
ramapo, rockland county, accident, northern suburbs news
- Cuomo to announce deal between MTA and Union
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014