Northern Suburbs News
1 killed, 2 hurt in single-car accident in Ramapo
RAMAPO (WABC) -- Speed and not the weather may be to blame for a deadly car accident involving three young men in Rockland County.
The driver, 20-year-old Andrew Statham, was killed, while the two passengers, 20-year-old Javier Human and 20-year-old Troy Saucier, were hurt when their car slammed into some utility poles overnight Wednesday. All three victims are from Suffern.
The single-vehicle accident happened just before 2 a.m. when the driver of the Mustang lost control on Viola Road. The car flipped over and hit two poles.
Statham was rushed to Good Samaritan Hospital, where he died a short time later. Human and Saucier were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
The car was mangled beyond recognition.
According to Ramapo police, speed was definitely a factor.
ramapo, rockland county, accident, northern suburbs news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- NJ man dies in Long Island Sound canoe accident
- March Madness-style bracket rates high school girls
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos