Northern Suburbs News
1 killed, 2 hurt in single-car accident in Ramapo
RAMAPO (WABC) -- Speed and not the weather may be to blame for a deadly car accident involving three young men in Rockland County.
The driver, 20-year-old Andrew Statham, was killed, while the two passengers, 20-year-old Javier Human and 20-year-old Troy Saucier, were hurt when their car slammed into some utility poles overnight Wednesday. All three victims are from Suffern.
The single-vehicle accident happened just before 2 a.m. when the driver of the Mustang lost control on Viola Road. The car flipped over and hit two poles.
Statham was rushed to Good Samaritan Hospital, where he died a short time later. Human and Saucier were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
The car was mangled beyond recognition.
According to Ramapo police, speed was definitely a factor.
ramapo, rockland county, accident, northern suburbs news
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, 21 injured
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- Video: Who will win the Indianapolis 500?
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers