Northern Suburbs News
1 dead in New Haven home invasion
NEW HAVEN -- New Haven police say one man has died in an apparent late-night home invasion.
Police responded to reports of a man shot in a home on Bassett Street just after 10 p.m. on Thursday.
Upon arrival they found 23-year-old Mitchell Dubey suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest. He was taken to a city hospital where he was pronounced dead. Dubey lived at the home.
Police say a masked man knocked on the door of the residence before opening fire.
There was no immediate word on arrests, but police say it does not appear to be a random act of violence.
connecticut, new haven, home invasion, northern suburbs news
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 53 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
53 min ago