Northern Suburbs News
1 dead in New Haven home invasion
NEW HAVEN -- New Haven police say one man has died in an apparent late-night home invasion.
Police responded to reports of a man shot in a home on Bassett Street just after 10 p.m. on Thursday.
Upon arrival they found 23-year-old Mitchell Dubey suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest. He was taken to a city hospital where he was pronounced dead. Dubey lived at the home.
Police say a masked man knocked on the door of the residence before opening fire.
There was no immediate word on arrests, but police say it does not appear to be a random act of violence.
connecticut, new haven, home invasion, northern suburbs news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 49 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
49 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos