Northern Suburbs News
Lawmakers look to expand Indian Point evacuation zone
BUCHANAN, NY (WABC) -- Westchester County lawmakers want a larger evacuation zone around the Indian Point nuclear power plant.
Current federal rules only require a 10-mile zone.
An exemption from those rules would be needed to expand the zone.
Lawmakers met Monday to discuss the situation. The conversation will continue Tuesday.
nuclear, nuclear power, indian point nuclear power plant, northern suburbs news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard 13 min ago
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying...
13 min ago