Northern Suburbs News
22 arrested in Rockland Co. drug bust
WEST HAVERSTRAW, N.Y. (WABC) -- 22 people were arrested early Wednesday morning in a huge drug bust in Rockland County.
14 others had already been arrested during the eight month investigation.
Police say combined, the three dozen individuals blanketed North Rockland selling cocaine, crack and pain pills.
A district attorney task force launched "Operation High Tech" after getting tips from local police about drug sales in area bars.
From there, the narcotics were allegedly distributed and sold by suspects who range in age from 21 to 59 years of age, a group that includes six women.
Investigators say undercover officers made drug buys at three bars along route 9W; Noel's Irish Pub in Stony Point, Jack Kelly's Restaurant and Westbrook's Bar in West Haverstraw.
None of those arrested were bar employees and the longtime owner of Westbrook's says he had no knowledge of any illegal activity.
drug bust, drug arrest, rockland county, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Sources confirm subway child is missing NYC boy 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 23 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Sources confirm subway child is missing NYC...
1 min ago