Northern Suburbs News
Woman accused in school bus brawl
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (WABC) -- Students riding a Bridgeport school bus had a ride they'll never forget.
Police say a woman jumped aboard their school bus and assaulted several children onboard.
When the bus stopped at Sanford Place, she got out of her car and went into the bus.
She then went to the rear of the bus and allegedly confronted one of the girls tossing things onto her car when she claims she was hit from behind and jumped by several students.
Police say Womack had marks and scratches on her face, but arrested her because of various claims from the bus driver and several students that Womack hit the girls and spat in their faces.
Other students claimed the woman was attacked from behind as she has told investigators.
One student was taken to Saint Vincent's Medical Center after complaining of head pain from the Thursday afternoon scuffle.
Womack has been charged with criminal trespass, breach of peace, third-degree assault, and risk of injury to a minor. Her bond was set at $10,000.
school bus accident, school violence, bus, bridgeport, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Jersey City reveals what was inside mysterious safes
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos