Northern Suburbs News
Woman accused in school bus brawl
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (WABC) -- Students riding a Bridgeport school bus had a ride they'll never forget.
Police say a woman jumped aboard their school bus and assaulted several children onboard.
When the bus stopped at Sanford Place, she got out of her car and went into the bus.
She then went to the rear of the bus and allegedly confronted one of the girls tossing things onto her car when she claims she was hit from behind and jumped by several students.
Police say Womack had marks and scratches on her face, but arrested her because of various claims from the bus driver and several students that Womack hit the girls and spat in their faces.
Other students claimed the woman was attacked from behind as she has told investigators.
One student was taken to Saint Vincent's Medical Center after complaining of head pain from the Thursday afternoon scuffle.
Womack has been charged with criminal trespass, breach of peace, third-degree assault, and risk of injury to a minor. Her bond was set at $10,000.
school bus accident, school violence, bus, bridgeport, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 28 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos