Northern Suburbs News
Woman accused in school bus brawl
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (WABC) -- Students riding a Bridgeport school bus had a ride they'll never forget.
Police say a woman jumped aboard their school bus and assaulted several children onboard.
When the bus stopped at Sanford Place, she got out of her car and went into the bus.
She then went to the rear of the bus and allegedly confronted one of the girls tossing things onto her car when she claims she was hit from behind and jumped by several students.
Police say Womack had marks and scratches on her face, but arrested her because of various claims from the bus driver and several students that Womack hit the girls and spat in their faces.
Other students claimed the woman was attacked from behind as she has told investigators.
One student was taken to Saint Vincent's Medical Center after complaining of head pain from the Thursday afternoon scuffle.
Womack has been charged with criminal trespass, breach of peace, third-degree assault, and risk of injury to a minor. Her bond was set at $10,000.
school bus accident, school violence, bus, bridgeport, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 4 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
4 min ago