Northern Suburbs News
Crack house found in back of ice cream parlour
CLARKSTOWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- Wally's Ice Cream Parlour was closed Wednesday with detectives being the only ones going in and out.
While employees up front sold cones, sundaes and shakes, police say Kilduff was cooking crack cocaine in the back of the store.
Indeed, parents and customers were shocked to learn of Kilduff's arrest.
The 36-year-old had bought the popular business across the street from St. Augustine Church and School a few years ago.
Sources say Kilduff himself is a user and dealt cocaine to a handful of friends.
Officials say the seasonal establishment shouldn't have been open in the first place because it hadn't been inspected and issued a permit for this year.
After the raid, police called the Health Department alerting them to unsanitary conditions.
The Health Department says inspectors found uncovered and exposed toppings, gnats flying around, mold along the walls of walk-in coolers, and cleaning solution and other items on work tables.
Those are the types of violations that trigger immediate closure.
There was no comment Wednesday from Jason Wasserman who was charged with driving away from the parlour under the influence of drugs.
Police have not charged him in connection with the alleged activity in the back of Wally's, but with eviction proceedings underway there's no indication if and when the front will reopen.
drug arrest, drug bust, drug, rockland county, clarkstown, new city, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Tornado Warning in parts of Sullivan County 12 min ago
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- AAA: 31.2M drivers to take Memorial Day road trip
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos