Northern Suburbs News
FBI enhancing video in missing IU student case
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana -- Police searching for a missing Indiana University student say they're waiting for the FBI to complete an enhancement of security video of the area where the young woman was last seen.
Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters said Tuesday he hopes the enhanced video will be ready for release by Wednesday and generate more tips in the disappearance of 20-year-old Lauren Spierer. Police have received nearly 1,000 tips so far but still have no suspects.
Qualters has said the video footage shows one, possibly two, vehicles driving through the area where Spierer was last seen June 3, walking toward her apartment after a night of drinking with friends.
Qualters says police want to know if the footage might show not two vehicles but a single one circling through the area.
Facebook: Help Find Lauren Spierer
missing person, lauren spierer, northern suburbs news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance 2 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen