Northern Suburbs News
FBI enhancing video in missing IU student case
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana -- Police searching for a missing Indiana University student say they're waiting for the FBI to complete an enhancement of security video of the area where the young woman was last seen.
Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters said Tuesday he hopes the enhanced video will be ready for release by Wednesday and generate more tips in the disappearance of 20-year-old Lauren Spierer. Police have received nearly 1,000 tips so far but still have no suspects.
Qualters has said the video footage shows one, possibly two, vehicles driving through the area where Spierer was last seen June 3, walking toward her apartment after a night of drinking with friends.
Qualters says police want to know if the footage might show not two vehicles but a single one circling through the area.
Facebook: Help Find Lauren Spierer
missing person, lauren spierer, northern suburbs news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State 31 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen