Northern Suburbs News
Jury complete for Conn. home invasion trial
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Jury selection is complete for the September trial of the second man charged in a deadly home invasion in Cheshire.
A New Haven woman was the final juror selected Tuesday for the trial of Joshua Komisarjevsky (koh-mih-sar-JEFF'-ski), who could face the death penalty.
Komisarjevsky and Steven Hayes are accused of killing Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her daughters, 17-year-old Hayley, and 11-year-old Michaela, in 2007. Hayes was convicted and sentenced to death last year.
Twelve jurors, six alternates and three back-up alternates have been selected to hear the second case.
Lawyers spent 47 days picking the jury. Komisarjevsky's lawyers used all 40 of their allowed challenges and lost a bid last week to be given 40 more.
The trial is expected to begin Sept. 19 in New Haven Superior Court.
home invasion, new haven, northern suburbs news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
8 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos