Northern Suburbs News
Jury complete for Conn. home invasion trial
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Jury selection is complete for the September trial of the second man charged in a deadly home invasion in Cheshire.
A New Haven woman was the final juror selected Tuesday for the trial of Joshua Komisarjevsky (koh-mih-sar-JEFF'-ski), who could face the death penalty.
Komisarjevsky and Steven Hayes are accused of killing Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her daughters, 17-year-old Hayley, and 11-year-old Michaela, in 2007. Hayes was convicted and sentenced to death last year.
Twelve jurors, six alternates and three back-up alternates have been selected to hear the second case.
Lawyers spent 47 days picking the jury. Komisarjevsky's lawyers used all 40 of their allowed challenges and lost a bid last week to be given 40 more.
The trial is expected to begin Sept. 19 in New Haven Superior Court.
home invasion, new haven, northern suburbs news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman 39 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
19 min ago