Northern Suburbs News
Jury complete for Conn. home invasion trial
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Jury selection is complete for the September trial of the second man charged in a deadly home invasion in Cheshire.
A New Haven woman was the final juror selected Tuesday for the trial of Joshua Komisarjevsky (koh-mih-sar-JEFF'-ski), who could face the death penalty.
Komisarjevsky and Steven Hayes are accused of killing Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her daughters, 17-year-old Hayley, and 11-year-old Michaela, in 2007. Hayes was convicted and sentenced to death last year.
Twelve jurors, six alternates and three back-up alternates have been selected to hear the second case.
Lawyers spent 47 days picking the jury. Komisarjevsky's lawyers used all 40 of their allowed challenges and lost a bid last week to be given 40 more.
The trial is expected to begin Sept. 19 in New Haven Superior Court.
home invasion, new haven, northern suburbs news
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute 9 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck 34 min ago
- Bethpage boaters missing in waters off Cape May
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary