Northern Suburbs News
2 weeks marked since Indiana student vanished
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana -- Police vowed to continue searching for a missing Indiana college student and her father broke down during a news conference as the two-week point passed since her disappearance.
Friday marked two weeks since 20-year-old Lauren Spierer of Greenburgh, N.Y., was last seen walking alone toward her apartment about 4:30 a.m. June 3 after a night of partying with friends.
Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters says "our effort to find Lauren will not stop."
Her father Robert Spierer became emotional as he reminded those watching a daily police briefing that Sunday would be Father's Day.
Charlene Spierer said the greatest gift her husband could receive would be information that would lead them to their daughter.
Facebook: Help Find Lauren Spierer
missing person, lauren spierer, northern suburbs news
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera