Northern Suburbs News
2 weeks marked since Indiana student vanished
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana -- Police vowed to continue searching for a missing Indiana college student and her father broke down during a news conference as the two-week point passed since her disappearance.
Friday marked two weeks since 20-year-old Lauren Spierer of Greenburgh, N.Y., was last seen walking alone toward her apartment about 4:30 a.m. June 3 after a night of partying with friends.
Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters says "our effort to find Lauren will not stop."
Her father Robert Spierer became emotional as he reminded those watching a daily police briefing that Sunday would be Father's Day.
Charlene Spierer said the greatest gift her husband could receive would be information that would lead them to their daughter.
Facebook: Help Find Lauren Spierer
missing person, lauren spierer, northern suburbs news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83