Northern Suburbs News
Large weekend search planned for missing student
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WABC) -- A large-scale search for a missing Indiana University student is being planned three weeks after she was last seen three weeks ago walking alone in the early morning hours toward her apartment.
Organizers of "Find Lauren Day" are asking volunteers to show up Saturday morning at the Bloomington campus for assignments in the search for 20-year-old Lauren Spierer (SPEER-ur).
Robert Spierer says Saturday's search for his daughter will cover a large area outside the city that has been suggested by experts.
Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters said Friday that investigators weren't going to stop working to finding out what happened to Spierer, but that the department would stop holding news briefings on the case until developments warranted.
The Greenburgh, N.Y., woman was last seen about 4:30 a.m. June 3.
greenburgh, missing person, northern suburbs news
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released
- Amanda Bynes speaks out about arrest
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore 28 min ago
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced 34 min ago
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile