Northern Suburbs News
Single-engine plane makes emergency landing
QUEENSBURY, NY -- A single-engine plane was damaged when it made an emergency landing at an upstate New York airport.
The Warren County Sheriff's Office says 57-year-old pilot Manuel Barrueco of Basking Ridge, N.J. was flying his 1975 Piper Arrow prop plane from New Jersey when he began experiencing electrical problems.
Barrueco made several passes at the airport before he landed with the plane's landing gear not down. Barrueco was not injured, but the plane sustained damage.
The Federal Aviation Authority is investigating the accident.
emergency landing, airport security, northern suburbs news
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days 28 min ago
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Bruins top Rangers 5-2
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers