Northern Suburbs News
Single-engine plane makes emergency landing
QUEENSBURY, NY -- A single-engine plane was damaged when it made an emergency landing at an upstate New York airport.
The Warren County Sheriff's Office says 57-year-old pilot Manuel Barrueco of Basking Ridge, N.J. was flying his 1975 Piper Arrow prop plane from New Jersey when he began experiencing electrical problems.
Barrueco made several passes at the airport before he landed with the plane's landing gear not down. Barrueco was not injured, but the plane sustained damage.
The Federal Aviation Authority is investigating the accident.
emergency landing, airport security, northern suburbs news
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide