Northern Suburbs News
Family of 7 homeless after fire in Mount Vernon
MOUNT VERNON (WABC) -- A family of seven is now homeless after a fire tore through their Mount Vernon home Wednesday morning.
The two-alarm fire broke out on Tecumseh Avenue shortly after 6 a.m.
It may have started in a first floor electrical outlet.
Flames shot out of the roof in the front and the rear of the three-story house.
Firefighters battled the fire the for hours.
Two firefighters suffered minor injuries.
mount vernon, fire, northern suburbs news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 25 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says 32 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos