Northern Suburbs News
FedEx tractor trailer crashes into truck, kills 1
NEWBURGH (WABC) -- State Police investigators are looking into whether the driver of a double-unit FedEx tractor trailer fell asleep at the wheel, causing him to veer into oncoming traffic in Newburgh.
The accident killed the driver of a pickup truck that was struck when the tractor trailer crossed into westbound traffic on I -84.
The victim was identified as 55-year-old James Mann of Newburgh.
The driver of the FedEx truck is 50-year-old Marion Williams of Leetonia, Ohio.
FedEx Spokesman Jim McCluskey released a statement saying, "This was a tragic accident and our heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to the family of the victim. We are working closely with authorities in their investigation."
No charges have been filed as the investigation continues.
State Police are asking any witnesses to call the Montgomery barracks at 845-457-1388.
accident, newburgh, northern suburbs news
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia