Northern Suburbs News
FedEx tractor trailer crashes into truck, kills 1
NEWBURGH (WABC) -- State Police investigators are looking into whether the driver of a double-unit FedEx tractor trailer fell asleep at the wheel, causing him to veer into oncoming traffic in Newburgh.
The accident killed the driver of a pickup truck that was struck when the tractor trailer crossed into westbound traffic on I -84.
The victim was identified as 55-year-old James Mann of Newburgh.
The driver of the FedEx truck is 50-year-old Marion Williams of Leetonia, Ohio.
FedEx Spokesman Jim McCluskey released a statement saying, "This was a tragic accident and our heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to the family of the victim. We are working closely with authorities in their investigation."
No charges have been filed as the investigation continues.
State Police are asking any witnesses to call the Montgomery barracks at 845-457-1388.
accident, newburgh, northern suburbs news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 24 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 21 min ago
- Missing jet drastically veered off course 18 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
21 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos