Northern Suburbs News
DUI charge dismissed against RFK Jr.'s wife in NY
PLEASANT VALLEY, N.Y. -- Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s wife no longer faces a charge of driving under the influence of drugs in New York's Hudson Valley.
A judge says evidence shows Mary Richardson Kennedy was unaware that medications she had taken would impair her ability to drive when she was arrested by state police on Aug. 21, 2010.
She was initially pulled over for speeding on the Taconic State Parkway, but police said they determined she was under the influence of a prescription medication.
Pleasant Valley Town Justice Paul Caltagirone dismissed the charge Friday.
He noted in his decision that prosecutors opposed the motion.
Kennedy was arrested one month after a judge suspended her license following her guilty plea of driving while impaired near her Bedford home on May 15.
kennedy family, northern suburbs news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Bill Bratton tapped to return as NYPD commisioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later 45 min ago
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre 50 min ago
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest
- Freeze takes an icy grip on much of the nation
- Bob Dylan's Newport electric guitar for sale