Northern Suburbs News
Water main breaks in Greenwich, Conn.
GREENWICH, Conn. (WABC) -- Several properties in Greenwich, Connecticut are without water following a main break.
The first break occurred around 1 p.m. at the intersection of Glensville and Riversville Roads.
Service was disrupted to 200 properties (businesses and residences) while the broken section of the 12" main was isolated.
At 2:45 p.m. water was restored to the majority of residents.
However, as water was directed from a larger main to the customers, a second break occurred in the original main.
Some 50 properties are without water, including 4 businesses.
The force of water when the break occurred washed out the intersection.
The intersection is shut down and police are detouring traffic away from it.
Crew will be working through the night so the intersection can reopen by the morning rush hour.
Fortunately, none of the property owners near the intersection have reported damage.
Due to the water main break the following detours have been set up on the major roadways to avoid this area:
If you are traveling on King Street north of the Merritt Parkway: Travel to Sherwood Avenue, to Riversville Road, Left on Pecksland Road, right on to RoundHill:: Road right onto Lake Avenue which will bring you to the Lake Avenue Circle into downtown Greenwich.
If you are traveling on King Street south of the Merritt Parkway: Travel to Comly Avenue, left onto Pemberwick Road, a right onto Glenville Road to the Lake Avenue Circle into downtown Greenwich
If you are traveling south on Glenville Road toward Glenville Center: Left onto Pemberwick Road, to Comly Ave, onto King Street.
Traveling north on the Hutchinson Parkway: King Street exit is closed, continue south on the Merritt Parkway to the Roundhill Rd exit. Turn right onto Roundhill Road to Lake Ave and follow the detour signs into Greenwich.
water main break, connecticut, greenwich, northern suburbs news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment 40 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos