Northern Suburbs News
Monsey man charged with sexually abusing child
RAMAPO (WABC) -- A Monsey man was arrested last Friday and charged with sexually abusing at least one child.
Ramapo police say 31-year-old Shmul Dum is facing two counts each of first-degree sexual abuse and second-degree course of sexual conduct for contact with an individual less than 11 years old, both felonies. He is also facing two counts of acting in a manner injurious to a child less than 17 years old, which is a middemeanor.
Dym was arraigned and released on $30,000 cash bail. He surrendered his passport to the court.
At this time, no further information regarding the case will be released to protect the victims. If any other person feels they may have been victimized, they are encouraged to contact the Ramapo Police Department Detective Bureau.
ramapo, rockland county, sex crime, northern suburbs news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 16 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos 15 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 6 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday 4 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
16 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos