Northern Suburbs News
Monsey man charged with sexually abusing child
RAMAPO (WABC) -- A Monsey man was arrested last Friday and charged with sexually abusing at least one child.
Ramapo police say 31-year-old Shmul Dum is facing two counts each of first-degree sexual abuse and second-degree course of sexual conduct for contact with an individual less than 11 years old, both felonies. He is also facing two counts of acting in a manner injurious to a child less than 17 years old, which is a middemeanor.
Dym was arraigned and released on $30,000 cash bail. He surrendered his passport to the court.
At this time, no further information regarding the case will be released to protect the victims. If any other person feels they may have been victimized, they are encouraged to contact the Ramapo Police Department Detective Bureau.
ramapo, rockland county, sex crime, northern suburbs news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos