Northern Suburbs News
Body believed to be that of missing NY woman
IRVINGTON (WABC) -- Police say the body of a woman found in a wooded area in suburban New York is believed to be that of an 84-year-old woman missing for a month.
The body was found by a groundskeeper in Irvington in Westchester County at 3:15 p.m. Monday.
Irvington Police Chief Michael Cerone told the Journal News that police "strongly believe" the victim is Betty Iannarelli.
Her family was notified Monday night.
He said the medical examiner will conduct an autopsy for positive identification.
The area where the body was found is less than a half mile from where the victim was last seen on Aug. 4.
Iannarelli suffered from Alzheimer's disease. She lived in the area with her daughter.
westchester county, irvington, body found, northern suburbs news
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos