Northern Suburbs News
Some 2,000 at concert for missing Indiana student
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- An estimated 2,000 people gathered in a steady rain for an awareness concert dedicated to an Indiana University student missing since June.
The concert Thursday night at Dunn Meadow on the Bloomington campus included pleas from Hoosiers basketball coach Tom Crean and others for information about what happened to 20-year-old Lauren Spierer.
The Greenburgh, N.Y., woman disappeared June 3 after a night out with friends in downtown Bloomington.
The Herald-Times reports Rabbi Sue Laikin Silberberg told the crowd that for every evil person, many more people have done what they can to find Spierer and prevent similar things from happening.
WTHR-TV reports Charlene Spierer said she wants to keep her daughter's story in people's minds because it would be a tragedy to let her disappear again.
lauren spierer, northern suburbs news
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 1 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300 46 min ago