Northern Suburbs News
Some 2,000 at concert for missing Indiana student
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- An estimated 2,000 people gathered in a steady rain for an awareness concert dedicated to an Indiana University student missing since June.
The concert Thursday night at Dunn Meadow on the Bloomington campus included pleas from Hoosiers basketball coach Tom Crean and others for information about what happened to 20-year-old Lauren Spierer.
The Greenburgh, N.Y., woman disappeared June 3 after a night out with friends in downtown Bloomington.
The Herald-Times reports Rabbi Sue Laikin Silberberg told the crowd that for every evil person, many more people have done what they can to find Spierer and prevent similar things from happening.
WTHR-TV reports Charlene Spierer said she wants to keep her daughter's story in people's minds because it would be a tragedy to let her disappear again.
lauren spierer, northern suburbs news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute 4 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
37 min ago