Northern Suburbs News
Some 2,000 at concert for missing Indiana student
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- An estimated 2,000 people gathered in a steady rain for an awareness concert dedicated to an Indiana University student missing since June.
The concert Thursday night at Dunn Meadow on the Bloomington campus included pleas from Hoosiers basketball coach Tom Crean and others for information about what happened to 20-year-old Lauren Spierer.
The Greenburgh, N.Y., woman disappeared June 3 after a night out with friends in downtown Bloomington.
The Herald-Times reports Rabbi Sue Laikin Silberberg told the crowd that for every evil person, many more people have done what they can to find Spierer and prevent similar things from happening.
WTHR-TV reports Charlene Spierer said she wants to keep her daughter's story in people's minds because it would be a tragedy to let her disappear again.
lauren spierer, northern suburbs news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma