Northern Suburbs News
4th slaying trial for NY suspect hits snag
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The attempted prosecution of a man accused of violent killings 15 years ago has hit another snag.
Selwyn Days is facing his fourth trial on charges of murder in the death of elderly millionaire Archie Harris and his live-in health aide. The first two trials ended with hung juries.
His conviction in a third trial was overturned. And now, a key prosecution witness in the fourth trial has been accused of faking amnesia on the stand.
The witness, Cherlyn Mayhew is an ex-girlfriend of the suspect.
She has been accused of willfully refusing to answer questions by claiming she didn't remember.
Mayhew testified in an earlier trial that Days bragged about getting away with murder, according to the Journal News.
A contempt hearing for Mayhew started Friday and will continue Monday.
white plains, murder, trial, northern suburbs news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos