Northern Suburbs News
4th slaying trial for NY suspect hits snag
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The attempted prosecution of a man accused of violent killings 15 years ago has hit another snag.
Selwyn Days is facing his fourth trial on charges of murder in the death of elderly millionaire Archie Harris and his live-in health aide. The first two trials ended with hung juries.
His conviction in a third trial was overturned. And now, a key prosecution witness in the fourth trial has been accused of faking amnesia on the stand.
The witness, Cherlyn Mayhew is an ex-girlfriend of the suspect.
She has been accused of willfully refusing to answer questions by claiming she didn't remember.
Mayhew testified in an earlier trial that Days bragged about getting away with murder, according to the Journal News.
A contempt hearing for Mayhew started Friday and will continue Monday.
white plains, murder, trial, northern suburbs news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall