Northern Suburbs News
Dogs fatally attack Connecticut toddler
WEST HAVEN, Conn. -- A Connecticut toddler has died after dogs owned by her aunt attacked her.
Police said 20-month-old Nevaeh Bryant of Derby, Conn., was visiting her relative Friday in West Haven when she was attacked by two or three dogs.
She died at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Lt. Robert Proto said Saturday the dogs had been put in another room but somehow got out.
He said that because of the severity of the attack and the aggressiveness of the dogs, the animals were euthanized.
Police believe they were pit bulls.
The aunt told the New Haven Register the dogs had never before been aggressive.
She asked for prayers for the girl and the girl's family. The paper did not identify her.
Proto said a decision regarding charges has not yet been made.
connecticut, dog attack, northern suburbs news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 29 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 1 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 4 min ago
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 26 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 5 min ago
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 29 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
29 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
4 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos