Northern Suburbs News
Tanker truck explodes at gas station
PELHAM MANOR (WABC) -- A tanker truck exploded next to a gas station in Pelham Manor overnight, and the raging flames quickly spread to neighboring buildings.
The tanker truck exploded while parked next to a gas station in Pelham Manor around 2:00 a.m.
The flames spread to neighboring buildings as firefighters from nearby communities responded.
"We showed up and found a fully involved tractor trailer fire with fire extending to the convenience store located on the same property and to an auto repair shop, which is located basically on the same property," Pelham Manor Fire Chief Joseph Ruggiero said.
The truck was delivering gas to that station. At least one gas station worker was there, but escaped injury.
No one was injured.
Boston Post Road, a heavily used local road, was also closed through the area.
Investigators are talking to the driver trying to figure out what sparked the fire.
westchester county, pelham manor, pelham parkway, explosion, fire, northern suburbs news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos