Northern Suburbs News
Tanker truck explodes at gas station
PELHAM MANOR (WABC) -- A tanker truck exploded next to a gas station in Pelham Manor overnight, and the raging flames quickly spread to neighboring buildings.
The tanker truck exploded while parked next to a gas station in Pelham Manor around 2:00 a.m.
The flames spread to neighboring buildings as firefighters from nearby communities responded.
"We showed up and found a fully involved tractor trailer fire with fire extending to the convenience store located on the same property and to an auto repair shop, which is located basically on the same property," Pelham Manor Fire Chief Joseph Ruggiero said.
The truck was delivering gas to that station. At least one gas station worker was there, but escaped injury.
No one was injured.
Boston Post Road, a heavily used local road, was also closed through the area.
Investigators are talking to the driver trying to figure out what sparked the fire.
westchester county, pelham manor, pelham parkway, explosion, fire, northern suburbs news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon