Northern Suburbs News
Occupy Wallstreet in Hartford, CT
HARTFORD -- The protest movement that began with anti-corporate greed rallies on Wall Street has made its way to Hartford.
The "Occupy Hartford" demonstrators plan to camp out this weekend at the corner of Broad Street and Farmington Avenue.
Participants planned to kick off their weekend of demonstrations with a march Friday evening to the Old Statehouse from that Asylum Hill location, which was chosen from its proximity to the headquarters of several insurance companies including Aetna, Hartford Financial Services Group Inc.
Protesters are expected to rally around a number of social issues including what they are calling corporate greed, unemployment, insurance reform and environmental preservation.
Organizers say they hope to have people at the rally site continuously through the weekend.
hartford, connecticut, wall street, wall street protest, northern suburbs news
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 43 min ago
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 6 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog 14 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 55 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 13 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
18 min ago