Northern Suburbs News
Occupy Wallstreet in Hartford, CT
HARTFORD -- The protest movement that began with anti-corporate greed rallies on Wall Street has made its way to Hartford.
The "Occupy Hartford" demonstrators plan to camp out this weekend at the corner of Broad Street and Farmington Avenue.
Participants planned to kick off their weekend of demonstrations with a march Friday evening to the Old Statehouse from that Asylum Hill location, which was chosen from its proximity to the headquarters of several insurance companies including Aetna, Hartford Financial Services Group Inc.
Protesters are expected to rally around a number of social issues including what they are calling corporate greed, unemployment, insurance reform and environmental preservation.
Organizers say they hope to have people at the rally site continuously through the weekend.
hartford, connecticut, wall street, wall street protest, northern suburbs news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach 1 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito 55 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos