Northern Suburbs News
Occupy Wallstreet in Hartford, CT
HARTFORD -- The protest movement that began with anti-corporate greed rallies on Wall Street has made its way to Hartford.
The "Occupy Hartford" demonstrators plan to camp out this weekend at the corner of Broad Street and Farmington Avenue.
Participants planned to kick off their weekend of demonstrations with a march Friday evening to the Old Statehouse from that Asylum Hill location, which was chosen from its proximity to the headquarters of several insurance companies including Aetna, Hartford Financial Services Group Inc.
Protesters are expected to rally around a number of social issues including what they are calling corporate greed, unemployment, insurance reform and environmental preservation.
Organizers say they hope to have people at the rally site continuously through the weekend.
hartford, connecticut, wall street, wall street protest, northern suburbs news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident 10 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 48 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 49 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
18 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos