Northern Suburbs News
Father shoots daughter in attempted murder-suicide
NEW ROCHELLE (WABC) -- Police in Westchester County are investigating an attempted murder-suicide involving a father and his daughter.
Authorities say 61-year-old Alfredo Monegro shot his daughter, 34-year-old Miosotis Monegro, before turning the gun on himself.
The incident happened at Bridge Street and Memorial Highway in New Rochelle around 8 a.m.
Police say Alfredo Monegro approached Miosotis Monegro and simply opened fire.
"She is believed to have been leaving for work," a police official said. "We don't know if he followed her or just confronted her at the intersection...But he confronted her there and fired one shot at her, and then kneeled down and took the revolver and shot himself in the mouth."
Alfredo Monegro was pronounced dead. Miosotis Monegro is in critical condition with gunshot wound to the neck.
new rochelle, shooting, northern suburbs news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach 9 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito 42 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
55 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos