Northern Suburbs News
Father shoots daughter in attempted murder-suicide
NEW ROCHELLE (WABC) -- Police in Westchester County are investigating an attempted murder-suicide involving a father and his daughter.
Authorities say 61-year-old Alfredo Monegro shot his daughter, 34-year-old Miosotis Monegro, before turning the gun on himself.
The incident happened at Bridge Street and Memorial Highway in New Rochelle around 8 a.m.
Police say Alfredo Monegro approached Miosotis Monegro and simply opened fire.
"She is believed to have been leaving for work," a police official said. "We don't know if he followed her or just confronted her at the intersection...But he confronted her there and fired one shot at her, and then kneeled down and took the revolver and shot himself in the mouth."
Alfredo Monegro was pronounced dead. Miosotis Monegro is in critical condition with gunshot wound to the neck.
new rochelle, shooting, northern suburbs news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 12 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation 16 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare 48 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled 45 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
12 min ago