Northern Suburbs News
Police investigate Clarkstown HS binge drinking
CLARKSTOWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- One Clarkstown North student who didn't want to give his name was part of a group whose behavior has sparked a police investigation.
This weekend, dozens of high schoolers chartered buses to Manhattan.
The problem is a number of underage students got drunk and very sick.
The students were picked up at locations around New City.
Between 150 and 200 teens paid $50 for the ride and a cruise around Manhattan.
The trip is an annual tradition during homecoming weekend.
Earlier that evening there was a dance.
Students were checked to see if they were sober.
The district attorney says the drinking may have occured at a house party.
Sources say the quarterback of the football team was among the students who had to be taken out of a bus by ambulance.
Police only learned about the incident when they were tipped off by a parent, other than that, no one's talking.
The school district had no comment for Eyewitness News either, saying this wasn't a school sanctioned event.
Police hope any parent with questions or information will contact them.
clarkstown, drinking, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service 53 min ago
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term 51 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013