Northern Suburbs News
Police investigate Clarkstown HS binge drinking
CLARKSTOWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- One Clarkstown North student who didn't want to give his name was part of a group whose behavior has sparked a police investigation.
This weekend, dozens of high schoolers chartered buses to Manhattan.
The problem is a number of underage students got drunk and very sick.
The students were picked up at locations around New City.
Between 150 and 200 teens paid $50 for the ride and a cruise around Manhattan.
The trip is an annual tradition during homecoming weekend.
Earlier that evening there was a dance.
Students were checked to see if they were sober.
The district attorney says the drinking may have occured at a house party.
Sources say the quarterback of the football team was among the students who had to be taken out of a bus by ambulance.
Police only learned about the incident when they were tipped off by a parent, other than that, no one's talking.
The school district had no comment for Eyewitness News either, saying this wasn't a school sanctioned event.
Police hope any parent with questions or information will contact them.
clarkstown, drinking, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos