Northern Suburbs News
Police investigate Clarkstown HS binge drinking
CLARKSTOWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- One Clarkstown North student who didn't want to give his name was part of a group whose behavior has sparked a police investigation.
This weekend, dozens of high schoolers chartered buses to Manhattan.
The problem is a number of underage students got drunk and very sick.
The students were picked up at locations around New City.
Between 150 and 200 teens paid $50 for the ride and a cruise around Manhattan.
The trip is an annual tradition during homecoming weekend.
Earlier that evening there was a dance.
Students were checked to see if they were sober.
The district attorney says the drinking may have occured at a house party.
Sources say the quarterback of the football team was among the students who had to be taken out of a bus by ambulance.
Police only learned about the incident when they were tipped off by a parent, other than that, no one's talking.
The school district had no comment for Eyewitness News either, saying this wasn't a school sanctioned event.
Police hope any parent with questions or information will contact them.
clarkstown, drinking, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 11 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- 3-year-old boy gets stuck in Nebraska claw machine
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village...
11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos