Northern Suburbs News
Humane Society president killed in freak accident
RAMAPO (WABC) -- The longtime president of New York's Hudson Valley Humane Society died Tuesday after a shed roof he was fixing collapsed on him.
Authorities say 68-year-old Raymond Mundy, of Ramapo, was killed in what is being called a freak accident.
Mundy's wife, Judy, found him pinned under the wreckage when she got home from work.
Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.
The Hudson Valley Humane Society's executive vice president, Ann Marie Gaudio, said the society lost someone who had great empathy for animals and people.
Mundy also was an adjunct professor at Rockland Community College, where he taught philosophy and business ethics. He served as Humane Society president for more than 20 years.
ramapo, northern suburbs news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash