Northern Suburbs News
Man in Westchester murder-suicide worked for LI DA
CROSS RIVER, N.Y. -- The Suffolk County district attorney's office says the man who killed his wife and children in a Westchester County was once a criminal prosecutor.
Bob Clifford, spokesman for District Attorney Thomas Spota, says Sam Friedlander worked as an assistant district attorney from 1992 to 1994.
State police said Wednesday that the 50-year-old Friedlander beat his wife to death, killed his children in their beds with a shotgun and then killed himself in their Cross River home.
Autopsy results released Thursday support that account. Police say medical examiners found gunshots to be the cause of death for Friedlander and his children, 10-year-old Molly and 8-year-old Gregory. They say 46-year-old Amy Friedlander died from bludgeoning.
Police say they are trying to determine how and where Sam Friedlander obtained the shotgun.
murder, suicide, westchester county, northern suburbs news
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday 55 min ago
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid 40 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos