Northern Suburbs News
Man in Westchester murder-suicide worked for LI DA
CROSS RIVER, N.Y. -- The Suffolk County district attorney's office says the man who killed his wife and children in a Westchester County was once a criminal prosecutor.
Bob Clifford, spokesman for District Attorney Thomas Spota, says Sam Friedlander worked as an assistant district attorney from 1992 to 1994.
State police said Wednesday that the 50-year-old Friedlander beat his wife to death, killed his children in their beds with a shotgun and then killed himself in their Cross River home.
Autopsy results released Thursday support that account. Police say medical examiners found gunshots to be the cause of death for Friedlander and his children, 10-year-old Molly and 8-year-old Gregory. They say 46-year-old Amy Friedlander died from bludgeoning.
Police say they are trying to determine how and where Sam Friedlander obtained the shotgun.
murder, suicide, westchester county, northern suburbs news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help 13 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates 1 min ago
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Oklahoma tornado death toll revised to 24,...
18 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos